My Story – The Guest Lecture Series:
'My story' is an initiative taken by the E-Cell in order to give the budding managers of tomorrow - the students, a feel of what real life entrepreneurship is all about. This can be mainly done by way of case studies spanning over a wide range of industries. Under this initiative, we also plans to hold guest lectures by Industrialists and Venture Capitalists, so as to give the students hands on experience in entrepreneurship related issues.
• Case based: Live cases for better understanding of the intricacies in starting a venture
• Industry Wise: Aim to cover various industries so as to realize business opportunities across sectors
• By Industrialists and Venture Capitalist: People with hands on experience who can make students aware of various facets of entrepreneurship
• Audience: Open to every budding entrepreneur
Last year, Entrepreneurship Cell in association with TiE ( The Indus Entrepreneurs) hosted My Story session on Entrepreneurship, with Mr. Shekhar Dasgupta, Ex-MD Oracle India Pvt. Ltd. who was ably supported by Mr. Manoj Tandon of CSC Ltd. The session started with the theme “Small is Beautiful” igniting the Entrepreneurial spark in the audience, comprising both FMS students and real time entrepreneurs. “Small is Beautiful” is as descriptive of FMS as it is of CII, Infosys, Dell, Microsoft, Linux etc., companies that were chosen to exemplify the Micro wave. Needless to say, the audience was all ears, as the lessons that were learnt could be used for some hands-on campus work-experience.
Startup @ FMS - The E-Cell Magazine
Startup @ FMS is the bimonthly magazine to be initiated by Entrepreneurship Cell. Still in the conception stage this magazine is supposed to have the following sections:
• Legal section: To deal with particular procedure and laws that one should know before starting an enterprise.
• Interviews: Interviews with people who have started up on their own
• Case studies: Sector wise case study to make people aware
Presently, E-Cell publishes its own brochure as an information capsule about the Entrepreneurship Cell activities throughout the year and what lies ahead in the subsequent years.
Mentors & Ventures
E-Cell FMS presents a new initiative- 'Mentors & Ventures' - to help FMSites grow their idea into success. If you have any startup idea you wish to pursue or a running startup - we will connect you to an experienced entrepreneurial/industry mentor to guide you.
The Entrepreneurship Cell, FMS Delhi hosted Samadhaan – a live case study challenge of a start-up. This year we partnered with Stayzilla, who are providing the winners with PPIs and cash prize.
Entrospective is the annual writing competition of E-Cell, FMS Delhi. It tests the writing skills of the college students in the field of entrepreneurship. This year we have partnered with YourStory and the winners will get exciting cash prizes and also their articles published in YourStory website.